Purpose and scope
1. The purpose of this policy is to provide information about:
• the personal information that PlayPoint Pty Ltd collects
• how we handle that information, including how we use and disclose it
• how you can access your personal information or make a complaint about our handling of the information.
2. PlayPoint is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers’ personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
3. ‘Personal information’ is defined in the Privacy Act as:
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
b) whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
4. PlayPoint only collects personal information, which is necessary for, or related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
5. The personal information we collect includes:
• your name, address, email address and telephone numbers;
• age and date of birth;
• credit card and bank account details;
• health information – if you intend to use one of our activities where your health status may be a consideration;
• whether you are a member of one of our commercial partners with whom we organise discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
• your image, if you are photographed at our centre; and
• if you apply for a job at PlayPoint, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
6. ‘Sensitive information’ is a set of personal information which requires greater protection under the Privacy Act. ‘Sensitive information’ is defined in the Privacy Act as information or opinion about an individual’s:
(i) racial or ethnic origin;
(ii) political opinions;
(iii) religious beliefs;
(iv) sexual orientation;
(v) criminal record
(vi) membership of a professional associations;
(vii) membership of a trade union;
(viii) health information.
Where we collect sensitive information from you (such as health information or details of memberships of professional associations) we will only do so with your consent.
How we collect information
7. We may collect personal information from you in several ways, including:
• when you send us an e-mail, “contact us” message or make any other form of written enquiry;
• via mobile sites, applications, widgets and other mobile interactive features (collectively “Apps”);
• via our official social media pages that we control, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
• when you visit or call our centre to ask about our services;
• when you sign up to use our services, whether online or in person;
• when you make a booking at our centre;
• when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which we (or one of our agents) conduct;
• when you sign up to receive our newsletters or marketing material;
• if your photograph is taken at our centre; or
• when you apply for employment with us.
Our centre has surveillance cameras which may capture your image. We may use this information for the management and security of our centre, and it may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies as required.
8. We may also collect personal information from third parties, such as:
• your friends via refer a friend promotion;
• our commercial partners with whom we organise discounts or other promotional arrangements for members and customers;
• someone appropriately authorised to act on your behalf;
• debit and payment service providers who process transactions on behalf of PlayPoint Pty Ltd;
• market research organisations we engage to conduct market research;
• our official pages on social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; or
• referees you have provided in support of a job application.
10. The Australia privacy principles allows individuals the option of not identifying themselves or using a pseudonym where practicable to do so—for example, if a customer wanted to make an anonymous enquiry with us.
11. We would provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves or using a pseudonym. However, we require certain personal information to be able to provide you with the services and/or products for example we may not be able to respond to your enquiry or send you the requested information.
Access by children
How we use your personal information
13. Your personal information may be used for the purpose for which it was collected unless one of the following applies:
• If a separate consent is obtained from the individual to use the personal information for a different purpose;
• the individual would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for a related purpose; or
• we are required or authorised by law to use the information.
Disclosure of personal information
14. The type of entities, bodies or persons we may disclose your personal information includes:
• contractors and suppliers, we engage to provide products and/or perform services for us;
• payment processors;
• commercial partners with whom we have information sharing arrangements;
• our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
• law enforcement bodies; and
• any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected by law.
From time to time, we may disclose personal information to an overseas service provider. However, we take reasonable steps to ensure the service provider will protect your personal information in a manner consistent with this policy. The location of our service providers may change from time to time.
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties and/or service providers.
Quality, access, correction and removal of personal information
15. We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold, and use is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold would depend on the information you provide.
16. You can update your personal information at any time by either emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging into your online account. We ask you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to provide you with useful information.
17. You will have an option to unsubscribe or “opt out” from receiving any direct marketing material from PlayPoint Pty Ltd, available in the relevant communication sent to you. We will respond to your unsubscribe request within a reasonable period.
Storage and security
18. We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. These measures include password protection and access privileges for accessing our IT systems, securing paper files in locked cabinets, and physical access restrictions.
19. Our website uses a secure server so that credit card details provided when making a booking or paying for account credit are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
20. If a data breach occurs and personal information that we hold is subject to unauthorised loss, use or disclosure, we will respond in accordance with the Privacy Act.
21. Cookies are small files that websites send to your device for identification purposes and remember certain information about you. In the absence of these cookies certain function on the website might not functions as intended. The cookies we pass to your electronic device are anonymous and do not hold information about you and are not capable of revealing your personal identity.
22. If you prefer not to receive cookies, configure your Internet browser to reject them. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website and the online booking process.
24. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Changes to our policy
28. If you believe that we have breached the APPs, you can submit a complaint by emailing us at email@example.com.